If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a hundred times…….at Vacations Away, we LOVE destination weddings! Here’s why:
- It’s easy for the bridal couple! There are no months of scouting venues, deciding on photographers (and do we want a videographer??), catering, colors, dresses, suits, seating arrangements, reception or no reception, reception entertainment, florists, set up and take down, etc. When you choose a destination wedding, you pick a package at time of booking, and 3 months prior to arrival, the planning begins! When you get to destination, you have a meeting with the coordinator that takes less than an hour in most cases, and that’s it! Everything is done for you.
- They are beautiful. Whether you choose a garden, beach or terrace venue, it will make for gorgeous vistas in your photos.
- As most happen in the winter season, you don’t have to struggle with high season venue prices at home in the summer!
- There are group perks! Complimentary welcome cocktail parties or beach bonfires, complimentary rooms, upgraded seats, etc! Just ask us!
- Destination weddings are so affordable for the wedding couple! A local wedding can easily cost over $20k, but a beautiful destination wedding is typically well under $10k! Including travel.
- Girls….you can ditch the heels!
- You can choose anywhere in the world! Not just yours or their home towns.
Yes, with a destination wedding your guest list can certainly become whittled down. But as the saying goes…it is YOUR day. It’s about you, you do what you want with your partner for YOUR day. Remember that.
We would love to help anyone interested in a destination wedding! We all have plenty of experience booking and planning a variety of destination weddings, including same sex marriages!
**Main image of Vacations Away couple Jennifer & Louis in Cuba